E-Commerce Website – 5 Tips on Enhancing usability with viewing options
- VIEW ALL OPTION: On your e-commerce website, it is a good strategy to have a “view all” option for any category of items clicked by the user. This prevents the user from clicking from one page to another and remembering which item they liked on the previous pages.
- COMPARE CHECK BOX: While viewing all, a compare check box under each thumbnail photo will help the user to proceed towards finalizing the product rather than just abandoning the website in frustration. In real life, the user can select the item and put it in their cart to try on or compare with another item they like as they are browsing the store. But in virtual life, it is hard to compare what you saw two screens up vs. the present item. The compare check box will bring the virtual experience closer to real browsing experience.
- SIZE OF THUMBNAIL PICTURES: It is extremely important that you size the thumbnail pictures to a medium large. Especially for items such as clothes or shoes where detail visual is important for a customer to pick an item. Small thumbnails where you can’t make the difference out between the color or other details will decrease your sales to only absolutely necessary item that the prospect came to purchase or increase abandonment of the website. The smaller size of thumbnail pictures though will be ideal for your mobile smart phone website.
- QUICK DETAILED VIEW: When a user hovers the mouse over the thumbnail of an item while viewing all the items in that category on one page, there should be the ability to view the quick detail of an item with a larger thumbnail of the picture and the description of the item with a add to cart button. This will allow the user to continue shopping leading to higher sales.
- ADD TO CART POP-UP: As soon as the user adds to cart while viewing the thumbnails or the full description, a pop up on the side should show briefly what the cart contains and disappear subtly once the user moves the mouse away. This mimics the real world where the user is sure that the item selected is added to the cart and they can confidently continue shopping.
To start your e-commerce business or to improve your current e-commerce business with a state of the art e-commerce website and full service online marketing, contact us in Irvine, California at 1-949-450-9991 or email us at info@OMguru.biz